Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Your One Wild and Precious Life...What are you doing with it?

Scrolling Facebook and tweets this morning, one phrase came to mind that we hear often, "What are you going to do with your one wild and precious life?"
and it got me thinking. 

    • Am I living a life that is God honoring or am I fumbling through? 
    • Do I make excuses as to why someone's status is ok even though in the eye's of God he would be shaking his head?  
    • Do I make excuses for friends or am I too hard on them for the choices they make?
    • Am I living the one wild and precious life that God gave me in a way that is honoring him?

It's a hard balance as a christian but the way I've chosen to live it is radically in some people's eye's.  Some may judge me for my choices, say there's no way she can be that way all the time.  Their right, I'm human and I make mistakes but the difference lies in what you do after and learn from that mistake. 

I live my life to honor God and that may not always be the popular choice but it's the life I've chosen.  I can lay my head on a pillow at night and be thankful for things he's blessed me while apologizing for when I stumbled.  That's the joy of worshipping an all consuming
and forgiving God. 

Are you living a worldly life or with a radical love for Christ?  What are you going to do with your one and wild precious life that God has blessed you?  I would to hear your responses. :)

No comments: