Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thirty Before Thirty.

I've seen this on several blogs and decided why not. In a little over 3 weeks I will be turning 29, 1 year till 30. To some this bothers them, to me I say bring it on. It can only get better. I've transitioned from my early 20's to my late 20's pretty well and have enjoyed the diffrent life stages that occur during these years I think so why not welcome my thirty's with open arm.
  1. Have adopted or be in the process
  2. Take a Mission Trip
  3. Weekend trip to Chicago
  4. Have my car paid off
  5. Survive Menopause
  6. Rent a lake house for the weekend
  7. Eat Sweet CeCe's everday for a entire week
  8. Go a whole week with no Sweet Tea (yes I'm that addicted to it)
  9. Give up something for lent and give it up the entire time.
  10. Read 1 faith based book a month at a minimum
  11. Get a tattoo
  12. Get in the best shape of my life
  13. Go see a movie by myself
  14. Help a stranger
  15. Open my heart
  16. Go skiing
  17. Go on a sleigh ride.
  18. Meet my niece (yes that will happen tomorrow but I've been looking forward to this for a while)
  19. Go to the pool/a waterpark without feeling self conscious
  20. Be in the process or have bought my first house
  21. Attend Women of Faith
  22. Buy a coach purse
  23. Take an impromptu weekend trip
  24. Run/Walk the Susan G Komen 3 day race
  25. take a class outside of my comfort level
  26. Grow my hair to at least shoulder length
  27. Let my nails grow
  28. Go to at least 2 concerts
  29. Spend an entire weekend doing absolutely nothing
  30. Start a party planning business.

Some of these will happen, some of these may not. Some may happen in their entirety some will not. What this list does mean is that my last year in my 20's will be fun and interesting.

What are some things you would do before you turn 30, 40, 50, etc???

-Jordan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list!! Good luck, but I have to say #26 (grow your hair) and #29 will be pretty hard :)

Don and M + said...

Is this a challenge for me to post mine as I turn 40 in June?!

I love it though! May just have to do so and we can partner with each other to make some of them happen!!

Love you and am proud to not just call you co-worker, but to call you FRIEND!

Amber Lee said...

Wow- our list is CRAZY similar :)

1.Have adopted or be in the process- REALLY, REALLY HOPING WE HAVE ONE ON THE WAY TOO.
2.Take a Mission Trip- GOING TO JAMAICA AND AFRICA THIS SUMMER.
5.Survive Menopause- ALWAYS THE PLAN
7.Eat Sweet CeCe's everday for a entire week- I'M AT LEAST EATING IT FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS, BEFORE LENT
11.Get a tattoo- I'M READY FOR #9.
12.Get in the best shape of my life- DITTO
13.Go see a movie by myself- ONE OF MY FAV THINGS TO DO.
18.Meet my niece- MINE WILL BE HERE IN MAY.
19.Go to the pool/a waterpark without feeling self conscious
20.Be in the process or have bought my first house- OUR'S IS FOR SALE NOW, WAITING PATIENTLY ON OUR NEW ONE.
23.Take an impromptu weekend trip
24.Run/Walk the Susan G Komen 3 day race- I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO DO THIS
30.Start a party planning business- ALWAYS BEEN ON MY LIST!

Unknown said...

You really inspire me...'nuf said. If I haven't told you lately...I love you and all that you stand for and if it's possible for a woman who once was an adult who looked out for you as a teen, I look up to you. :)
You're a fighter and know what you want from life and that is so amazing. Always praying for you Jo!

Emily said...

Jordan - I am just seeing this list and I love it. What have you crossed off so far?