Thursday, February 28, 2013

Things You Should Know About Me if We’re Gonna Be BFF

After reading Little Miss Momma's blog post I thought it would be fun to do myself!  Join in if you would like or not if you don't. 

  • I'm the oldest of 8 children.  Only 1 is my "full blooded" sister.  The other 6 are split between my parents.
  • I like to change my hair. A LOT.  I'm in a lull right now.  I'm only growing it because I like my ponytail and I'm lazy.
  • I love to read.  Nicholas Sparks and Karen Kingsbury are my favorites.
  • I like being alone (not forever of course).  Kind of weird and I didn't realize it until about 6 months ago when I feel like God placed me in a solitude of sorts.
  • I love working with teens at my church.  Their pretty awesome.
  • I'm a junker.  The thought of 1/2 prices Goodwill Saturday makes me Giddy.
  • When I die I hope God places me in Flea Market Heaven.  Kidding.  Kinda.
  • My car is damaged.  It doesn't bother me.  It reminds me that no matter how damaged we are on the outside we can still be well on the inside.
  • I adore my family and love to be with them.  They put me in my happy place.
  • I'm in love with my niece.  That kid cracks me up and I'm pretty sure we're going to grow up to be best buds.  After all isn't that what Aunts are for.  I'm in trouble when I have kids.  My sister is probably already plotting her revenge.
  • I love baseball.  I love my brother who plays it.
  • I like football.  I like the atmosphere and tailgating more so.
  • I love beings friends with the older women at my church.  The wisdom and love they extend cannot be traded for anything.
  • I love spending time with my grandmothers.  They are like 2nd momma's to me and I don't want to miss a moment of time I have with them here on earth.
  • I love reconnecting with old friends or people you spent your highschool years with in the same building but didn't know each other until later in life when God crossed your paths in the form of a cooking club which is well not so much a cooking club but a night of lots of laughter and allowing the rest of the world to go on without you for a few hours. ( I obviously love run on sentences too!)
  • I've learned that I love positivity more than negativity.  It gives me hope for the future.
  • I love to fight for something that mean's something to me.  It may be something sentimental or just a cause I believe in but that protective mama inside me comes out when you dare to tear something down I believe in.
  • I love a little boy who has an extra-chromosome.  He has taught me more in 4 years than any teacher or adult around me.  He teaches that it's cool to be different and love is unconditional.  
  • I'm allergic to peanuts/tree nuts. Along with everything else in the world. It stinks.  BIG TIME.
  • I have a slight obsession to shoes and that tends to mean that when I'm obsessed I focus on one type.  Right now it's Van's and Converse. Weird I know.
  • I love to color outside the lines.  The world is not black and white.  You'll be much happier when you realize that.  Trust me.
  • I'm obsessed with chalk paint.  I would paint everything with it.  I may go home and paint something tonight just for the heck of it.
  • I'm changing directions in life after 12 years.  Goodbye to the Farm and hello to Nursing school.
  • I hate to throw stuff away but I like to cleanse myself of stuff too.  This generally means it ends up in a box under my bed.
  • I organize my closet by color yet throw all my socks into one basket without matching them up.
  • I sometimes wear clothes once and hang them up and never touch them again.  I'm working on that.
  • I'm indecisive when it comes to food.  I generally don't really have a craving or taste for anything and just end up eating something because I'm supposed to be eating or I'm hungry.
  • I've had 8 surgeries.
  • I kissed my uterus goodbye and haven't looked back.  Well maybe once or twice or fifty times.  God has bigger plans.
  • Have I mentioned I'm in a relationship with my Nook?  Obsessed with reading.
  • I love quotes.  Find comfort in them.
  • I lived in 4 states in the span of 2 years during my freshman and sophmore year of HS.  Akward.
  • If I didn't hate putting them back on, I would change my sheets EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. 

I think that's more than enough for now.  A girl can only share so much or too much.  

Loves-
Jordan

2 comments:

KV said...

Cooking club! Ha!

Unknown said...

Yeah we might get back to that one day but dinner out is kind of nice and effortless too, lol!