Friday, March 1, 2013

Frugal Friday!

Happy Friday!  Don't worry the world is not coming to an end since I decided to blog twice in one week though it's definitely possible with the white stuff that's falling on March 1st.  I really hope Spring is around the corner. 

In light of my recent purchases and creations plus my plans to go junking at the Goodwill stores tomorrow I thought I would join up with The Shabby Nest and show one or several of my recent creations/purchases. 


My frugal creation would be the body pillow I purchased for $10 at Target on Black Friday with the intention to cover it that weekend.  Needless to say it didn't happen and I'm kind of glad it didn't because I would have been redoing it very quickly.  I found the perfect material at Hobby Lobby and snatched up 3 yards for only $6 and some change.  After about 15 minutes of cutting, sewing, stuffing the pillow in the cover, and stiching the end up, I know have a really cute decorative pillow that runs the span of my bed.  Granted I know my shabby style isn't for everyone but I love it and allows for so many color/fabric combinations. Isn't the mustardy yellow color fabulous!

 **PLease ignore the bad pictures, I've gasp...lost temporarily displaced my DSLR camera and my iphone camera is scratched.

My second frugal item is my purchase at Southern Honey Workshop this past weekend.  If you live in Nashville and haven't been there then you need to get in your car now and go.  Seriously.  She has some really great furniture and knick knacks at really great prices.  I've been on the hunt for a nightstand since I forgot misplaced a table I purchased at the Flea Market this summer.  This one fit the bill perfectly and I loved the color and with a price tag of only $85 for a piece of sturdy furniture that needed no work from me?  I was sold!


 I also bought the hanging lamp below at Southern Honey for $20 and the lampshade at Target for $15 I think. I love when idea's start coming together.


As for my junking at the local Goodwill's tomorrow on half price Saturday, I'm hoping to come home with the pieces to put this together that Sara at Life {Sweet} Life created. Cute and functional and perfect to collect earrings, hair bands, etc that land on my nightstand.  Of course frames are always high on my list and any other thing that I see potential for.
 

What have you made frugally lately?!?!?

No comments: