Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Being More Intentional

The Nester is doing a 31 Day link-up and I thought why not.  When I was looking through the other things that were being done it got me to thinking about what I need to work on, change, etc.  Being intentional is the 1st thing that came to mind.  This girl has had a lot happen over the last two weeks and honestly when your confronted with either moving with your job to Dallas or losing your job it starts putting things into perspective.  Figure out priority's and figure out where  your life is going.  I want to live more intentionally.  Be more in the moment and focus on the now. 

To be honest I'm also hoping it will get me back in the blogging groove.  It has been an avenue to allow me to get what's going on in my head out on paper and I'm quite the jumbled mess right now.  Hopefully in 30 days I'll be a little more focused and a better sister, daughter, friend, and youth leader.  Life's too short to let the businss of life distract.  Since I'm already a day late, the story of my life, here we go.

Day 1:  Learn to say "no". 

Honestly this will probably be the hardest so I'm starting out with it and it will probably be an overall theme for the month.  You can't be intentional in your actions and thoughts if your consistently telling everyone "yes".  

 "You can tell when you're caught in the rip current of people pleasing when you dread saying yes but feel powerless to say no."  - Lysa TerKeurst

So from today on I'm going to try really hard to prioritize the things that I'm asked to do/commit to.  I want to be able to give my youth kids, family, and friends the good parts of me that they deserve.  So if I say "no" please take that and go on.  Don't make me feel guilty.  I can only stretch myself so thin.  I'm going to stop people pleasing and start God pleasing!

What would you do for the next 31 days to improve yourself, home, life, blog?  Maybe you have a talent that you want to share.  Whatever it may be I encourage you to share.  It's kind of freeing.

 - Jordan -

No comments: