Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Life is but a vapor...Summer 2012

Wow, has it really been since June 2nd since I posted!  Life and summer seems to be flying by these days.  Just some of the few things that have happended in the last 6 or 7 weeks:


Started Lipo-B12 shots with my friend Amanda.  I'm now down 11 pounds and need to get my but back in gear after a lot of vacationing and not eating so healthy.



Spent my evening with our highschoolers at Impact.  It involved a lot of late nights that were totally worth it and for those of you who know me that is really saying something. This girl is in bed no later than 10:00 most nights and I saw 1 am quite a few nights/mornings that week.  I love my sleep but I love these teens more.


Went to Panama City Beach for our annual Kirby-Waggoner vacay that included the West and Hopkins families this year.  What a blast!  Lots of beach time, laughs, late night card games, and yummy food.  Can we go back next week???


On the 4th of July we had a suprise going away party for our youth minister who had become one of my bestest friends.  I wish him the best of luck in newest adventure that God is taking him on.  Most importantly though, when are we going to Buca Josh???


Up next... Church Camp 2012.   With Josh leaving that through me into the Directors chair. It was a great week that was definitly more God led then Jordan led.  Josh and I might have worked on the logistics but God was most defnitely in control.  We had 11 baptisms and several more have been baptized since.  What a merciful and loving God that we worship!








Lastly, Sophie was baptized.  Can I just tell you that seeing/knowing your siblings are being baptized is quite possibly one of the best moments in my life to date.  Watching them take such a momentous step in their life leaves me in awe. 




So as you can see it has definitely been a very busy but blessed summer but I wouldn't have it any other way!  I read the following quote this morning and I believe I will have some great stories one day from all of these little adventures called life.




No comments: