Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Contentment in 2013


New Year's resolutions are every where right now and I love setting a goal just like the next person but the reality of me actually accomplishing them is not likely.  When I don't complete them it makes me feel somewhat like a failure!  I would be lying if I didn't mention that some of my past resolutions have set me up for failure as well.  One would be adoption and trying to set a timeline for it.  Everything comes in God's timing not mine.  If there is one thing that the last few years have finally taught me it's that.  It will happened when God's ready for it to happen.  Trust me, he's working on my heart everyday.  He's pulling the pain and jealousy out of my heart at the sight of pregnancy announcements or that new baby smell but has at the same time given me a heart of compassion for those around me.  Life isn't perfect and it certainly isn't easy.

Instead of setting another resolution to fail at I decided this year that I was 1) going to be more content with myself and 2) pick a verse to live out in 2013.  This is the verse I chose and I think they both go hand in hand with each other:

Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,"  Hebrews 13:5

This will be the year I will succeed.  This will be the year that I become happy with where I'm at.  Life pulled me down hard during the 2nd part of the year and I let some of those things consume me.  In 2013 I'm just going to let life happen.  Do I want more anything to have a ring on my left finger and a baby in my arms in 2013?  Name a woman that doesn't but that won't be my focus in 2013.  Praying for them daily will but I won't chart my course based on it.  I'm reminded constantly that God will bless me in his timing.  Now I'm going to listen and wait. 

- Jordan

No comments: